CupcakesAndMachetes, who also does fantastic book reviews, posted a festive Halloween survey a few days back. I couldn’t resist! Questions first, then answers.
- What scent sets the holiday mood?
- Favorite Halloween Fun Size Candy Bar?
- Favorite Halloween movie?
- Favorite seasonal sweet?
- What toppings are on the perfect candy apple?
- What’s your favorite costume you ever wore on Halloween?
- Most enjoyable fall tradition?
- Pumpkin Patch Hayride or Haunted Hayride?
- What song is a must for a Halloween Party Playlist?
- Favorite Halloween Monster: Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.?
- Cider or Cocoa?
- Scary movies or Scaredy cat?
- Pumpkin Spice: Yum, or Yuck?
- Which is scariest: Spiders, Zombies, or Clowns?
- Best find in your Trick or Treat bag?
- Worst thing to get in your Trick or Treat bag?
1.What scent sets the holiday mood?
I love biking through the Autumn leaves. You get a rush of real, true compost in the making!
2. Favorite Halloween Fun Size Candy Bar?
Milky Ways and Cow Tails (this is a Wisconsin thing, but they are so yummy).
3. Favorite Halloween movie?
Practical Magic or maybe Halloween Town way back from my childhood.
4. Favorite seasonal sweet?
I have this divine Pumpkin Bar recipe that I make whenever I get the chance in the Fall. It makes me hungry just thinking about it.
5. What toppings are on the perfect candy apple?
Caramel. Why would it need anything else?
6. What’s your favorite costume you ever wore on Halloween?
I wore this blue fairy outfit from the age of 3-5 that was amazing. The wings were so cool and glittery. My mom made it for my sister originally, I think.
7. Most enjoyable fall tradition?
That awful day (usually cold, maybe starting to rain) in November (if you’re lucky) where all the grain is out of the fields and you can start cleaning equipment for the Winter. It’s like everything is finally done!
8. Pumpkin Patch Hayride or Haunted Hayride?
Haunted Hayride. I didn’t realize one could do a hayride in a pumpkin patch.
9. What song is a must for a Halloween Party Playlist?
The Time Warp from RHPS
10. Favorite Halloween Monster: Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.?
A classic Witch, thank you.
11. Cider or Cocoa?
CIDER!!! We press our own cider every year. This year we did about 9 gallons of it. I can some as juice and mull a bunch of it during fall evenings. I also leave some to turn into hard cider that we enjoy on Winter Solstice.
12. Scary movies or Scaredy cat?
Scaredy cat for sure. I have a low tolerance for being startled and horror movies are always startling viewers.
13. Pumpkin Spice: Yum, or Yuck?
Yuck. I guess. I don’t mind the spices used in pumpkin pie being added to other things. I don’t even mind adding pumpkin to most things. I just don’t think Starbucks’s Pumpkin spice has either pumpkin or most of real spices.
14. Which is scariest: Spiders, Zombies, or Clowns?
Zombies? I love spiders. My boyfriend, Brad, sometimes vacuums them up even after I finished vacuuming because I tend to just leave them. They are like good friends. lol
15. Best find in your Trick or Treat bag?
Large sized candy bars.
16. Worst thing to get in your Trick or Treat bag?
Dried out taffy. Nothing wrong with taffy but those pieces that have surely been around for a decade are terrible.
One thought on “Festive Survey!”
I’m very jealous about the pressing your own apple cider. I have a slow cooker recipe for cranberry apple cider that I want to try soon.